We would like to thank all our clients for choosing Troutman Sanders to represent them in 2016. In 2016, our work spanned 23 states and several countries and accounted for more than 2 gigawatts of installed renewable energy with a value exceeding $5.5 billion.
In “2016 Renewable Energy Market Year in Review and a Look Ahead to 2017,” we reflect on the biggest trends and challenges we observed in 2016 and offer insights into important trends and policy agenda items that will continue to be significant in 2017 and beyond, including:
- Tax Reform
- Federal Tax Credits
- The “Duck Curve”
- Renewable Portfolio Standards
- Energy Storage / Battery Storage
- Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978 (PURPA)
- Resurgence of Natural Gas-Fired Generation
- Commercial Power Purchase Agreements
- Proxy Revenue Swaps
- Foreign Investment
- Community Choice Aggregation
- Federal Policy
To view the complete newsletter, click here.